Faculty of Science
Bachelor of Technology
Under Section 21, 1(d) PIMSAT ORD.,2001
- The courses of studies for the degree of Bachelor of Technology shall extend to four years.
- The total number of courses shall comprise of twenty four subjects in two years.
- The degree will be awarded in Bachelor of Technology
- The minimum qualification for admission to this course shall be Diploma of Associate Engineering or an equivalent qualification.
- Each course shall consist of Internal and External evaluation of 100 marks.
- Internal Evaluation carries 50 Points and consists of the following:
(i) Mid-Term Exams
(iv) Group Discussions/Class Participation/Attendance
- External Evaluation consists of 50 Points and is carried out by Preston Institute as Final Examination
- A Terminal examination shall be held at the end of each semester. The internal and external examiners will conduct the examinations.
- The minimum passing marks shall be 50%.
- A candidate shall not be allowed to appear in the Examination if attendance falls below 75%.
- If a student fails in Terminal Examination or wants to improve he/she may be allowed to take the make-up examination in accordance with this policy. (A student who has not appeared in the Terminal Examination is not eligible for the Make Up Examination.)
- A student wishing to appear in Terminal Make Up Examination must submit a written application to Registrar’s Office no later than six days after the declaration of results.
- Upon approval of student’s request, student shall pay the as make up examination fee. Upon the receipt of copy of the paid fee receipt, admit card will be issued to the student.
- Terminal Make Up Examination will be held within 14 days of the declaration of result and must be completed in seven days and result declared within a week thereafter.
- The best result shall be shown in the ensuing mark extracts.
- A student failing a core subject in Terminal Make Up Examination shall take the subject for a subsequent full semester study. A failed elective subject may be dropped / new one opted.